Welcome to the Tinned Pineapple blog! 3 crafters, 1 can of fun! Specializing in upcycling, repurposing, and general geekery!

Saturday, November 5, 2011

Nothing beats the autumn leaves!

Although here in Pittsburgh it seems to have gone straight from summer to winter (seriously, we were only a week between t-shirts & flip-flops and snow covering the ground!), it seems to be getting back to a reasonable temperature just in time for me to enjoy my favorite season of all!  Time for wearing hoodies and taking scenic drives to look at the orange, red, and yellow leaves!  I have a feeling that winter is going to be frigid this year, so enjoy the season while you can!

Halloween is usually so busy for me that I don't have the time I'd like to get out and enjoy the chilly weather and bits of nature to be found in the city.  I'm looking forward to spending some time in the next couple weeks taking walks in the nearby city parks and getting some nice photography out of it.  I'm a big fan of black and white photography, and sepia too, but this is the time of year to let the colors out!  The colors of autumn are great, and it really isn't hard to get a great artistic shot providing you have some freshly fallen leaves as a background.  Do you enjoy fall photography too?

I've noticed a lot of photography on etsy lately.  I think that's great!  It's a wonderful art medium, and I love that more people are doing it and more people seem to be interested in buying it.  It shows that people are longing to display more thoughtful expressions in their houses and offices.  And I can't think of anything (tasteful) that would inspire me more in an office than a lovely locally shot autumn photo.  Of course, if I worked in an office, I'd need a lot more inspiration than that (maybe some whiskey in my coffee mug...)!

Here's a great shot of Pittsburgh looking great in fall colors that you can buy on etsy!  I'm actually surprised that no one has a treasury just full of fall photography!  There are a lot of fall colors, but not one just for photos!  I would create one, but my Halloween treasury is still up and kicking!  If any of you out there make one or find one, let me know!  I'd love to share it.

I currently don't have any photography of my own on etsy.  That should probably change soon!  What do you think, readers?  Are you more likely to purchase an awesome photo print on etsy, or to take your own pictures?  What are your favorite kind of pictures to take?  We want to hear about it!

Now I'll leave you with a great site on this subject: 12 Fantastic Fall Photo Tips.  Feel free to share your autumn themed tips, websites, and photos here!  We'd love to post them on our facebook and twitter!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment